Squirrels are Evil!

One Dog -- One Mission: To uncover the Great Squirrel Conspiracy

Monday, July 09, 2007

a what? a what? a baby!

i promised an investigation and i haf delivered. here is a partial transcript of my interrogation of my randy:

ivy: hana says that BP means "Baby Pargman." is this true?
randy: hana is a smart eskie!
ivy: just answer the questions.
randy: yes, we're having a baby. We've been telling you that for some time now.
ivy: why was i not informed?
randy: i said we've been telling you... you just never listen to your people! (tee hee!)
ivy: ok, ok... so am i still your baby?
randy: you will always be our hairy baby.
ivy: do i still get cookies?
randy: yeah, nobody else wants to eat your cookies anyway!
ivy: ok, i guess it is ok for you to bring me a baby. but i get to name it!
randy: no way! dogs do not get a vote in baby-naming! forget about it!
ivy: but i liked Barkley, and Woofus, and my favorite is Iams.
randy: (walks off, shaking his head)

we will just haf to finish that interrogation later... maybe after i get my dinner.

on friday my dog car got converted into an ivy limo and my peepol took me for a reelly long ride to the state that is high in the middle and round on both ends... ohio!


it is a very good thing that i wuz there in the car or else my peepol mite haf missed all the dead tires and animals on the side of the road. they must haf been very happy that i told them about every one!


even a hard-working keeshond needs a head-scratch and a nap every once in a while.


this is the sign telling dogs to keep theyr peepol out of trubble. see the pickture of the good man staying close on his leash?


along the way we stopped at a giant store that sells good-smelling things like leather gloves and jerkey meats and prime rib sandwiches! i got a bite of my randy's sandwich.... mmmm!


wen we got to ohio we visited with all my old friends! here is me and my randy wif my good friend tony who got way taller than the last time i saw him. we stayed at the best house ever where jim and cozy live and they haf deer heads on the wall. i luv those deer heads. jim gave me ginger snaps and taught me to pee when he says "hit it!" and took me on the longest walk ever!!


on the ride home we stopped at a gas station that had a drive-thru that gives you yummy treats thru a window. my lindsay didnt think it wuz all that yummy but i sure did! i will haf a chicken and a hot dog and a meatball and a pulled pork and a fried fish please. thank you very much.


we got home way past my dog bed time and we all went to sleep. i am still trying to catch up on all the sleep i missed. dont tell the skwerrels... they think i am still watching!

25 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you need to read my latest post and rethink this whole baby thing...you will regret it.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations to Ivy and your peepol! Ivy, you'll teach the baby to drop food and you'll be the super happiest doggy ever! I love that 2nd picture of you with your monkey in the car pouch!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger JustMeCopper said...

Congratulations Ivy! I love your pictures. You won't have that much room in the Ivy limo after the baby arrives though.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

We were going to tell you to talk to Hershey about the baby thing but he has been here already. We are lucky that there won't be any babies at our house except for us. But your baby might be fun and you will need to protect it from squirrels!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Gus said...

dear Ivy: Congratulations on the baby! When you name a human baby, you have to know what sex it is first. Listen carefully when Randy or Lindsay tells you, and then maybe we can have a contest to name it!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Hana said...

Yeah! I win! I guessed what BP stood for!!!

Congratulations to your Lindsay and Randy!! I don't know about you though Ivy. I will say congratulations to you anyhow.

Yes yes, let's have a contest to name the baby!

When is the stork gonna make the delivery? (I am gonna guess you knew about this back in March... something clued me in about it...am I correct?)

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Hana said...

Sorry, I meant I think I had a clue in April (not March)... when your folks went to WDW... your Randy made a comment to my Mom about babies... and she thought, huh?

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger JustMeCopper said...

You said in Hershey's comments that it is a "HE". Is it a boy???? Oh PLLEEEAASSEE let us have a name contest Ivy.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Bruce the Bird Dog said...

Oh my dogness Ivy, i saw a baby today and it PULLED ON MY EAR! So I licked it and my claire laughed and laughed and the baby made a funny face and screamed. Scary...seriously....

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Ronin_The_Pug said...

Oh boy, Ivy!!! A new baby!!!! Congratulation to your humans! So beautiful news!!! Huuuuugs!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Gudrun said...

Hey I know that Cabelas thing! A man in a big brown truck delivers boxes to our house that say that all the time!
Mom says "congratulations!" on the baby. She says that's great news. I'm not sure. I think you need to be wary of those furless pups - they make a lot of noise and well...they do taste good though!

So will the baby be delivered by a man in a big brown truck in a box that says "Cabelas" on it?

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those baby things are popping up all over! We're going to have one too but it will only visit because it belongs to my sister not my Mom. I hope you don't have to share your toys with it. Tell your peepol that my Mom says Congratulations!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Princess Eva and Brice said...

Congratulations to you and your peepol on the baby news, Ivy! Soon you will have your own little human to watch over and play with. It will be another job you'll have to do, but it will be worth it! Babies are messy and drop food all the time, which is WAY GOOD for you!! That looks like it was a very good adventure you went on to Ohio. Sounds like you had a very good time. Belly Rubs, Tasha & Eva.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Ender said...

Oh Ivy! Congratulations to you and your family! As you know we are having one of those baby things too, I am looking forward to being a big brother and will be able to potect that baby from all sorts of things! And my Dad says that I get to potty train the baby!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Congrats on the future mini biped puppy! I think Turbo is a good name!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Congrats to your peeple Ivy - that is great news for you all. I am sure you will make a wonderful big sister :)

Love
Opy

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow IVY you had a great trip to oHIo...it sounds like you got all kinds of treats...so you are going to be a big sister...wowo...such responsibilty...but I think you are just the dog to do it...I hope the people baby doesnt take away from your important blogging time

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Sparky said...

Congratulations to Ivy and especially to your people! Ivy - you will have someone else to protect and watch over...how exciting!!!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Nessa Happens said...

Oh my dog oh my dog a baby!

Wait. What is a baby?

Ivy, stop by our blog we're having a contest.

http://nanookthenewfy.blogspot.com/2007/07/contest.html

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger The Army of Four said...

Hi Ivy! Woo, how exciting! I didn't know you were going to get a baby!!! Congratulations to you and your peepol! Some lady the other day said she thought "Dave" was a weird name for a dog and said so to me and Mom. Mom said it was the right name for me. Then the lady got all snippy and asked what Dad's name was - so mom told her it was "Spot". Ha woo woo woo. Mom's funny sometimes. That lady didn't like me - can you imagine?
Amber's doing today's post and you might want to check it out. She has some startling news and might need your help!
LUv,
Dave

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Ivy.
Congratulations to you and your people!
Sure you will have great time with your brother or sister!
Of course you will be their baby forever!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

hi again Ivy...i was just sitting here all sweaty...and i was wondering...do you get to go into the room when the baby is being born...my mom and i were watching a show on tv...and the brothers and sisters were all in the delivery room...

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Ivy,
Oh wow, so now the stork is going to deliver a baby to your house! Any idea when the delivery is scheduled?
I wanna help name the baby too!!! :)

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Marley said...

Hi there! Just discovered your blog and I agree squirrels are evil! Mom says we're gonna have a baby at our house too soon. I don't think she'll let me name it either.

Hope you don't mind me linking!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Putz said...

I AM SO SAD ABOUT THIS BABY BUSINESS...WE HAVE AN UGLY ORARANGE CAT WITH MUSTARD YELLOW EYES UNDER OUR PORCH THAT MAKES SHRIEKING NOISES AND I KNOW THIS ...YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO BE JUST AS WORSE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home