Squirrels are Evil!

One Dog -- One Mission: To uncover the Great Squirrel Conspiracy

Sunday, November 18, 2007

hairy window dogs and skwerrel blow-out

some of my dog friends mite remember waaaaay back in december wen i got sum cool new gard dogs for my window. well i thot they looked a little cold and hairless so i haf been working on them for almost a year now and i wuz just thinking that they finally had a pretty good coat of hair on them...

...and then yesterday my crazy peepol finally noticed (reelly observent these peepol are!) and they "cleaned" them all off again!

but i didnt haf much time to fret about my dogs losing theyr hair becuz sumthing even more tragic happened yesterday:

The sad song of the skweeky skwerrel

On a crisp autumn day with the sun brightly shining,
I sat in my yard wif my toys all reclining;
Then i saw the grass-eater! Let's move it, I cried!
So I grabbed all my toys and i brot them inside!

Wen I looked at my skweek toys, I counted not three
but two skwerrels only were staring at me;
Theyr eyes told me volumes, tho they spoke not a word:
Go rescue our brother, Skweek Skwerrel the Third!

I dashed out my dog door, and glancing around,
I searched for that skwerrel, but none could be found.
Then I heard a great "Thwack!" sound from off to my right;
I ran to the scene and beheld quite a sight.

(note: puppies may want to stop reading here)

The grass-eater got him! It ate him like grass!
He had a big hole now instead of an ____!
His stuffing had blown out the side of his neck;
My poor skweeky skwerrel wuz reelly a wreck!

I'm sorry, i said wif a tear in my eye,
but Skweek Skwerrel the Third didn't give a reply.
Oh, well, I thought then as I bid him adieu,
I've still got two more toys just like you to chew!

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

OMG Ivy! You're such a riot! We do love you so!

Maggie and Mitch

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Gus said...

LOve the poem Ivy Paws. Poor Sqweek Squrrel.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I'm sorry for your loss!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Murphey said...

Oh my DOG! so very sad...except my lady is laughing, really loudly, sheesh, crazy lady.

Murph

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Lacy said...

woofies Ivy!!!! ivy ivy ivy me doz luv u poems...and dis one wuz the bestest yet....me sorrwy sqweek squrrel iz not wiff us no more..

b safe,
;)lacylulu

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Putz said...

easy come easy go...sorry to be so callis, but if i thought about all the swtuff my humans have desicrated i would be in a funny farm

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Freda said...

Hey Ivys,

That barkin' is soo cooools...
Ivys the poet definitely rooools...

Well... nothin' likes yours.

Sorry to reads of your loss. Those grass-eaters can be means. My peeps are soo skerdys of them they have a grass-eaters wrangler who herds 1,2 1,2 one arounds our yard.

My secretary reeeallys likes that mixed up bird egg thingy. WE may have to trys it 1,2 1,2 one lights.

Saw this article in on the magic typer and thoughts of you. They need your helps... http://tinyurl.com/2am8m5

Have a happys T-Birds light.

Wuufs!

Ƨ

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger kirsten schueler said...

you are the best poet! hey i found this link about some martyr squirrels! squirrels are evil!
hershey

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger kirsten schueler said...

you know i should prpbably give you the link to that cool squirrel story!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/
21895918/?GT1=10547

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Bruce the Bird Dog said...

Rolling!! My claire is rolling with laughter!! She would definitely buy a book of Ivy poems.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Hana said...

Oh Ivy, hairy window dogs and skwerrels.... but, what about the most important thing for this month? I am gonna have to have a talk with that stork of yours.

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Putz said...

guess whose next in line hana???whooowhoooo, all of usen putzns, puke lady randy bpjp speeding we are posting just behind you knowing you blew it for a third time....of course my , our second tine to blow it is coming up....loves to all

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

oh IVY...that is a sad tale of skwerrel...but a nice poem...you are a poet and you hardly knowit...how is your mommy doin...

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh, I just love that poem Ivy, soooooo funny!

Unfortunately I have lost my poetry gene, and cannot write poetry at all at the moment, not sure what it is, Jeannie says its Writer's Block!

Poooooor Sqweeeek Squirrel, but he made a good subject, perhaps i NEED to focus on squirrels more for inspiration?

love and poet less licks, Marvinxxxxx

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Ivy said...

wowie! thanks freda and hershey for sharing the crazy kamikaze skwerrel stories. i gess skwerrels are going out in more dramatic ways every day!

sorry hana that your gessings are not working out. it makes all the dogs at barlow's house reelly happy. my lindsay has been taking me on soooo many walks and wen we get home she bounces up and down and yells "come out! come out! come out!"

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Tippy said...

Rest in pieces skweeky skwerrel
Tippy
P.S. Happy Thanksgiving

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Putz said...

for a look at all usens, you can now go to our blog and see us so pritty

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Lacy said...

woofies Ivy, come check out me bloggy, me finks u wood likies da tree house...heehee

b safe,
;)lacylulu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home