Squirrels are Evil!

One Dog -- One Mission: To uncover the Great Squirrel Conspiracy

Thursday, November 27, 2008

things we are thankful for

happy giving thanks day every dog! i haf so many things to be thankful for that i wanted to share a few of them wif you. since my benjamin turned one years old today and is now all growed up, i let him share his thankful thots as well. but since this is my blog after all, i will go first.

first, i am thankful for freda, who went ahead to the rainbow bridge on saturday. she was the first dog blogging friend i ever met and one of the nicest dog friends i know. an excellent nose-artist, a very good caretaker of her peepol, and a real smart cookie. i am so thankful for the chance to call her my friend.


my benjamin is thankful for grandma and grandpa coming to play wif him. and, of course, for lemons.


i am thankful for bacon lady, who thinks of me when she goes to the waffle house of wonder and brings me back some bacon goodness.


benjamin says he is thankful for the funnies and puzzles in the newspaper, but i know it is just because he likes to eat them wen nobody is looking.


i am very thankful for giant turkeys! i got to haf some turkey dog tea just before bed that made me very happy indeed.


benjamin is thankful for chocolate birfday cake and warm milk to wash it down wif.


i hope that all my dog friends have so much great stuff to be thankful for!

luv ivy

8 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Ivy. you and your Benjamin do have much to be thankful for. I think we do too. We will miss Freda.
Did you get a chance to have some of the big dinner?? We DID!! We'll have to write about it, cause we never get people food!!
What a day. So Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Ivy,
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's Ivy, heehee happy birfday to benjamin...and its sad freda lefted us, wish i had got to no her better...we all iz thankful fur our hoomans..

b safe,
~rocky~

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Happy birthday, Ben! We wish we could lick the cake crumbs off your face!
What a wonderful tribute to Freda, Ivy! We miss her too!
We hope your Thanksgiving was the best ever!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Gus said...

Ivy: You made a WONDERFUL list. Too short, but wonderful.

hope Ben had a great barkday.


Gussie and Teka

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Putz said...

i hafl a wonderful thanksgiving....went to the mall to see santa and he said i was getting a stick and a coal... aunt fewda was caught in the bedroom with aunt janet...i got my favovorite chicken gibletts because the turkey got all burnded up, and it was just gloriopus

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Hana said...

Hi Ivy,

You and BP have a lot to be thankful for... lemons, bacon, puzzles to eat, turkeys, turkey tea, barkday cake, and milk!? Wow, those are all food related. Why am I not surprised?

My Mom finally made me my own Photobook... she crammed 8 years of my life into 20 pages. I think I deserve better, but I'll take what I can get. Maybe I'll get some of the turkey tea tomorrow.

p.s. Yappy Barkday to 1 year old BP!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Joe Stains said...

What a great list of things to be thankful for! Benjamin is so freakin cute!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Putz said...

i hate to admit this, but you looook more like a hummmmmun than a dog...ivys you failed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home