I cooked grilled pizza
The peepol helped me make a video. I cooked pizza and made the video to show dogz and other peepols how to grill pizza too. It is my first cooking show ever! I called it cooking with Ivy, cuz that is my name. Cooking with me... hee hee!
Here is the resipy in case you cant wach the video.
To serve 4 peepol, use 2 cups warm water, 1 teaspoon salt, 4 teaspoons yeast.
To serve 2 peepol, use 1 cup warm water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons yeast.
You also need all-purpose flour, olive oil, pizza sauce, cheese and pizza toppings.
- Stir the salt and yeast into the warm water and let it sit for 5 minutes. It should get bubbly and smell good. If not, the yeast might be bad.
- Put a bit of flour (about a cup) into a bowl and add the yeast water mixture. Stir it all up. If you have a mixer with a dough hook, that makes it very easy.
- Keep stirring in flour a bit at a time until the dough can stick together and form a ball.
- Put the dough ball in a greased bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it rise for 1 to 2 hours at room temperature, or 6-10 hours in the refrigerator.
- If you put the dough in the fridge, take it out and let it sit at room temperature for 1 hour or it will be hard to work with
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- Divide the dough into one ball for each small pizza you want to make. Shape each ball into a round crust about 6 inches in diameter and rub both sides of each crust with olive oil
- Grill the crusts on each side. We have used a gas grill, a charcoal grill and an electric indoor grill and all of them work fine. Watch it carefully so it doesn't burn. A few black spots are OK.
- If you have a grill with a lid, you can put the cheese and toppings on the cooked side of a crust when it is half done, then put it on the grill with the uncooked side down and put the lid down to melt the cheese while the uncooked side of the crust gets cooked. This doesn't work if your grill doesn't have a lid
- If you have a grill that doesn't have a lid, just cook both sides of the crust, then put the toppings on and cook the pizza in your oven at 425 until the cheese melts.